Friday, May 16, 2014

Look At All These Rumors: The Kris Saga

20140515_theoneshots_KRIS_760


This is an unedited, uncensored conversation that happened between the ONE SHOTS members after news broke of Kris filing suit against SM. We followed all the rumors, all the fake accounts, and all of the stupidity. Because it was fun. Most of all we used the rumors to try and figure out why Kris might want to leave SM when other SM idols don’t want to.


SHARON


What’s this Kris termination thingy? Thoughts!

One of the links I saw

201405_theoneshots_EXO_Kris


Link all that info is coming from (I think).


NANA


So, were the sad Kris IG posts a clue as to what was going to blow up today? That poor boy must be losing friends, faith, and his sanity right now.

Ps……I am D E V A S T A T E D.


BRIE


I am super unemotional about it. I know I’m being super sarcastic about the whole situation (sorry, nana) but I dunno, I’m just like whatevs.

I’m horrible. Sorry.


NANA


Here we go, it’s gonna be a long few days while all this unfolds.


SALIMA


Wow, just one day after we did that Kris cosplay piece.


THERESA


I think there were rumors of him not getting on well with some of the EXO members and even being excluded.

TBH though, I mean, yeah, it was a Chinese news site that said Yoona and Psy were dating, which was ridiculous. But then, it’s not like a Korean media outlets would be likely to report on this story so early, given how SM has everyone in their pocket.


20140515_theoneshots_Kriber


GEORGIA


Omg what.

I got home and Twitter just EXPLODES.


THERESA


So, a lot of the EXO guys are un-following Kris on various social media platforms.

Even Amber un-followed him (AMBER WHYYYYYYYYYYY? I THOUGHT YOU WERE TOO PERF TO GIVE INTO THE DEMANDS OF YOUR COMPANY *UGLY SOBBING*)


SALIMA


We have a podcast called “when idols leave their companies. “ I’ll put it on social media today.


DEANNA


Tbh, I saw this coming … The reason why I didn’t like Kris was because everyone always said he had a chic attitude but to me he always looked like he hated his life. I actually respect him for finally coming out with it! Like duh, I knew you were unhappy because you looked like it on every show…


I understand how the Korean members of SM are used to the type of treatment SM dishes… All Korean companies are like that not, just entertainment companies. They tell them when and where to work and they have no choice. it’s ridiculous. However, why are Hangeng and Kris so different than the other foreign artists in SM? Amber and Henry don’t seem like they are having any issues with SM. What was different with those two? I’m so curious!!


20140515_theoneshots_KRIS_allwhite


SALIMA


Remember when he left for Canada that one time without telling the company? Or whatever the deal was with that.


Amber and Henry are different because they’re so chill about everything. People who leave tend to think or know they will succeed without the company. Hangeng. Jay Park. Jyj. Idk if Kris even likes the idol life? I’m disappointed at Amber un-following even though I don’t know the circumstances. If a member of my family went rogue I wouldn’t cut them off. They need to realize it looks so callous.


NICOLE


@DeAnna – I 100% agree with you about the personality thing! That’s what I was trying to explain before. In every variety show you could sooooo tell he was not like that at all in real life. He was probably given the “cold” image because he was upset and hated everything.


Wait. OMG. The post that Tao just posted:

201405_theoneshots_EXO_Tao_instagram

This is the translation:

201405_theoneshots_EXO_Tao

WOW. Shit’s really hitting the fan right nowwww. I’M EXCITED.


DEANNA


@Salima I guess I can see that about Henry and Amber but would their families not want to step in if they were being treated as horrible as Kris and Hangeng were? Kris and Hangeng make it seem like they were treated sooooo badly, so how come you don’t hear it from other SM artists… especially those that are not from Korea and grew up in countries where your “workers” rights are so important.


What I am trying to get at is: Did SM treat Kris and Hangeng differently than they treat everyone else? If yes, then why? If no, then are they just being babies? or does everyone else just put up with the crap and SM is the devil.


20140515_theoneshots_hangeng


THERESA


I think in the case of Hangeng he was definitely being overworked. I mean, there was a time where he and Siwon were sent to hospital, were getting IVs and the manager was screaming to have the IV solution pumped in ASAP so that they could attend an awards ceremony.


IDK about Kris tho. I think EXO do have it hard. Half the members are sick/injured due to being overworked. But I don’t know if Kris just got tired of the persona/missed his family/ felt he could do fine without SM’s support, but it’s disappointing that he’s leaving and that there’s so much drama.


Like Salima, I was disappointed in Amber un-following (KrisBer ship is dead on the water) but I guess she had to.


I guess Kris kept his desire to leave from a lot of people, hence Tao’s IG post. But Baekhyun still hasn’t un-followed Kris (maybe SM’s PR people haven’t yet got their hands on his phone or maybe he just hasn’t heard yet) and EXOtics are still holding onto the fact that Sehun hasn’t removed the ‘K’ from his username.


Maybe like Hangeng, Kris is just a big mama’s boy who couldn’t bear to be apart from his family for so long. But, like, he knew what he was getting into… and I don’t think SM are as bad as they used to be (or they’re better at covering it up)


SALIMA


After reading Tao’s thing, idk guys… maybe they are un-following him for a reason?


THERESA


I think he just didn’t tell them, and that’s why they’re feeling betrayed.


DEANNA


When Jay Park left 2PM I hated that 2PM was angry at him.. I felt like it was unjust therefore my hatred for Taecyeon… But for some strange reason this time I think Kris might have screwed EXO over and they might be justly feeling betrayed.


URG my EXO clock is never gonna hit 7′oclock now!


201405_theoneshots_EXO_clock


THERESA


Um, WOW

201405_theoneshots_SM

I wonder why they did that…


DEANNA


OMG WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!???


SALIMA


Wait, is it true???


THERESA


IDK but others are reporting unfollowing

201405_theoneshots_SM_BoA

IDK if they were following smtownglobal before… but WOW.


DEANNA


OK I have had this theory for a while and I never said it cause i thought I was crazy but remember in the last ep of Showtime when the members wanted Kris to jump in the ocean bc SUHO did it in the first show..

201405_theoneshots_EXO_Kris_Suho


Also see video


Kris is like I really am not doing it and he really tried to get out of it. Then Suho gives him this look and everyone was all like, hahah Suho is giving Kris the look a wife gives her husband…


But when I watched it… to me, it looked like a “Don’t do this right now, the cameras are on and you have to just do it” sort of sad look. IDK if I am being crazy but that look really seemed interesting to me.


Yea but when did they un-follow? Or were they never following?


THERESA


More on the Tao thing. (NOTE: Tao has two phones, an iphone and an android)

201405_theoneshots_EXO_Tao


Also, apparently Suho’s statement is the same as Yunho’s back when JYJ members were leaving??

201405_theoneshots_EXO_Suho_Yunho


Re: SM idols un-following @SMTOWNGLOBAL:

201405_theoneshots_SM_Seohyun_Onew_Jonghyun


NICOLE


Is this true? If so, damnnn SM. They are really good playing to the sympathies of fans to keep fans on EXO’s side:


201405_theoneshots_SM_EXO


THERESA


OMG. Wow.

But others are saying it’s not a lawsuit, but a renegotiation of contact?

201405_theoneshots_SM_EXO_Kris


DEANNA


Poor Suho. I really feel bad for him, he looks like he wants to simultaneously die and cry while accepting the award. That guy has a lot on his shoulders being the leader.


article:

EXO-K leader Suho has held back tears today while accepting EXO-K’s win on Mnet’s M! Countdown.

Suho spoke on behalf of the rest of the group, who were absent.

“EXO members, I love you guys honestly.” He said with heavy eyes.

“Our motto is ‘We Are One’, we will become a group that not only think about ourselves but both EXO and EXO fans,”

“We are one. I love you.” He said before performing the encore by himself.


THERESA


So much is going on. Can’t tell what’s true, fabricated or what. But then, that’s nothing new with SM


SHARON


THIS. WHAT THERESA SAID. MY BRAIN


THERESA


/DYING

201405_theoneshots_EXO_Kris_Twitter


DEANNA


OMG EXOtics out their damn mind


201405_theoneshots_EXO_exotics


THERESA


JFC. That is some great detective work. SM needs to start being cleverer about these things


DEANNA


OMG Simon and Martina are getting so much hate from this tweet 201405_theoneshots_eatyourkimchi_simonandmartina


SALIMA


Daaayum! Might have been in poor taste. We’re bad, but not that bad.


SHARON


*rolls eyes at everyone* It wasn’t even thaaat bad.


SALIMA


It WASSSSSSS.

Either that or I’m just biased.


SHARON


I’m calling all ya’ll out on the one. That’s just hating.


SALIMA


@Sharon ok fine -_-


WIDNEY


@DeAnna  Besides Yoochun, no one in DBSK seemed like they had a problem with SM, especially Junsu. There is cultural difference but also there is personality. People like Jay Park and all of them are not the type to just sit around and let people mess with them. And honestly, you can see that they mess with these kids. In a place where you have to “respect” your elders no matter what there are bound to be some who abuse their power. Not every sunbae, manager, coordi noona is going to be nice. I bet it’s a rough life.


20140515_theoneshots_jyj


Let me just say I am not surprise at all by Amber. If BoA can diss Jaejoong after he left SM and they were best friends, I don’t expect anyone in SM to be loyal to one another. Eunhyuk and Junsu were besties way before the fame, and were basically raised by each other’s parents, but Eunhyuk did not hesitate to throw major shade at Junsu on multiple occasions. I don’t know if they are forced to show loyalty or if it’s a personal choice either way K-pop friendships are shady.


DEANNA


@Widney K-pop friendships are scary. I didn’t know that about Eunhyuk and Junsu. So much side eye. But I think you are right but I am just stuck on why people who are so American-ized (I know Henry is Canadian) like Henry and Amber, don’t sue. I don’t want to seem like I am trying to say all Americans are the same but most of us who grew up here were drilled in our heads that we should be treated fairly especially at work. Why do they let SM do that to them (if they are) and not say or do anything? Or was Kris treated worse then them and if so why?


Also, it’s like DUH, we all know EXO’s life sucks balls. They get no sleep, crazy sasaengs attack and stalk them and SM milks them for money like whoa! So it’s not surprising. I wouldn’t be able to live that life. I guess you are right tho some people just are able to deal with that life and some aren’t.


NICOLE


Maybe it depends on popularity of the idol. Let’s be honest, Henry is in the dungeon and f(x) hardly does anything. I don’t think they’ve had the schedules that EXO and 2pm have had in the past.

EXO, 2pm, DBSK, SUJU, etc. groups that were/are HUGE and have had insaneeee schedules/fans/etc.


WIDNEY


20140515_theoneshots_KRIS_eunhyukThese kids are in very tricky situations. Have you ever tried to be the one fish to go against the current because you think everyone else is wrong. The life of a marginal is a lonely and hard one. Imagine you’re the one idol who is not OK when this manager kicks you in your shin? (yes, they kick the kids DBSK and SUJU members have said so on many occasions in variety shows). You are not wrong but everyone is OK with it so you are automatically a snob and too “Americanized”. In North America y’all are raised to think for yourselves and to be your own person. But many cultures, like Korea they teach you that everything you do should be for the group at the detriment of oneself. Of course, for kids who were raised that way they will be OK with that kind of treatment we so often hear K-pop idols have to go through everyday. I mean does Kris look like someone who is gonna just take that crap? And that aside like I said Henry and Amber only look fine, but are they?


An answer to DeAnna’s Exo Showtime reference. You were not the only one, I saw it too and on different occasions and even from Kai but honestly why do they have to do that kinda crap. The water is freezing and he wasn’t picked to begin with. We’re acting like these kids are not people too but just robot. It’s admirable how Suho is ready to give an arm and a leg for fame but Kris went through all the training too he did as much as he could. Different people have their different ceiling price. Maybe Henry and Amber are cool to kill themselves so that Lee Soo Man can be richer but why should others? You have to understand that for all their hurt and fainting and sickness, these kids don’t even get half the pay. Maybe Kris think it’s better to go back home and work like normal people do. Who knows?!


All I have to say is if that’s what makes him happy people should back off. 


DEANNA


We are agreeing on this topic, Widney . Lol, I completely understand the cultural difference and totally understand what you are saying. I just was posing a question. I am curious as to how -like you said- Amber and Henry and others who didn’t grow up in an Asian country put up with the crap that SM dishes. Just kind of wondering if this points to SM treating some idols differently than others.


DEANNA


People sometimes don’t realize how different cultures can influence how a person reacts to certain situations. Although, I can argue against my self by saying Kris did mostly grow up in China, right? So maybe it’s not a cultural thing maybe it just comes down to who can handle the K-pop grind and who can not.


People are doing this:


201405_EXO_breakup


They are so dramatic.


WIDNEY


“So maybe it’s not a cultural thing maybe it just comes down to who can handle the K-pop grind and who can not.” Sorry but I’m gonna be difficult just a little.


I don’t like that sentence. Because by saying who can handle something and who can’t, we are automatically praising those who didn’t get out and blaming those who did when in all honesty, maybe those who stay are the ones who are in the wrong. I’m gonna throw Yunho and Eric in the mix. To me, Eric is always going to be my hero, the poster child for those who stood up against the big corporate SM who just making money off them slaving away. Whereas Yunho had chance but he decided to stay and let SM demystify the greatness that was DBSK because like he put it “SM gave him everything”. Which is a bunch of crap. Just because somebody give you everything you’re suppose to stay and let them abuse you. That’s something people in abusive relationships say.


So to me it’s not about who can “handle”.


SALIMA


We honestly don’t know if SM “abuses” its people lol. Like Jay Park said – that idol group shit is hard!


DEANNA


I don’t know if SM is literally abusing them (obvs they have it bad) but just for shits and giggles let’s say they just have a crappy situation and it’s not SM beating and starving them. Who then, is to say that someone that decides to just stay the course and work through the tough times is in the wrong. Obvious if it were someone getting mistreated inhumanly then ok but if it’s just tiring and hard.. then that’s their choice right.


OMG I saw this gif and I imagined Kris as the green guy and the chaser’s are SM and the yellow guy at the end is Hangeng

201405_theoneshots_goal


NICOLE


For half a second I thought that was from that Idol Championship Sports Irrelevant thing. You know how EXO is sometimes in green.


DEANNA


Everyone on Tumblr is annoying. Everyone is like, fandom hug, poor EXOtics. Who the hell cares about the fans. The poor guy prob hates his life right now. Plus you’re sleeping in your bed when he is up at 4am practicing. I mean he didn’t have a hard life compared to starving people in war torn countries but really this whole fandom thing makes no sense to me.


Whoa, SM stock is falling… snap


Sorry totally all over the place but to be honest I wish Suho, during the acceptance speech, was like. “I’m not doing this, I’m out.” and then dropped the mic as he was walking away.. lolololol

Bahahaha

201405_theoneshots_EXO_DO


NICOLE


IMAGINE THO. Imagine Suho peaced? The whole entire EXO fandom would implode. I mean it’s imploding now. Like some girl is crying over how Kris is leaving her and how she thought her and him would be together forever & I’m like lol…


Also, how is Kris even handling a lawsuit? We’re the same age and I would have zero idea how to navigate any of that.


NANA


It’s sucks it took this incident for people to start come around and shine a tiny “we like you” light on Kris.


NICOLE


Also, reading the people commenting about the stocks issue with SM it’s clear that they are too young to understand the stock market. It’s very entertaining.


NANA


IS THIS NEW?

201405_theoneshots_EXO_Tao_transl


NICOLE


No idea, here’s more rumors. This time someone is being paid to not talk about Kris.


SHARON


Oh shit. My mouth is open right now. I’m in class rn, but the drama is here.


WIDNEY


I really really hope this time around it’s going to bring some kind of change. I hope this is the revolution that DBSK couldn’t bring in SM.


NANA


Damn it. I’m so nosey, I want the truth and I want it NOW. I am sick of speculation, I want words from EXO, not their caretakers.


I know I have been one of the sole Kris backers here for a while, but I am truly at a loss. I feel for both sides. Kris is probably in a confused, broken, lost state and clearly he is losing support at a rapid rate. I feel for the kid. I am not just giving him sympathy as a fan, but as a human. No one wants to feel like they are losing their ground and support system. In just a few hours, his members managed to drop him and that has to sting like a real bitch.

20140515_theoneshots_krisjif


I also feel for EXO, and again, not just as a fan. Despite how UNorganically SM puts together groups, they eventually become like their own little family unit, when they lose one as unexpectedly as they seem to have lost Kris, they also must be completely lost. They are living their lives, doing what they do, then suddenly one of their pieces is gone, leaving them with an obviously large gap. That has to hurt both personally and professionally. I am sure they are in pain as well.


Perhaps I am just a bleeding heart, but I can’t help but sympathize with all 12 members.

SALIMA


Nah I just think he’s fed up with everything. Idk if he’s “broken.” I don’t even know if they were like family. That’s probz an image thing. A couple of the members of 2pm had issues with Jay Park, for example. Jay was different. And a couple of the members couldn’t relate to him. DBSK, that makes more sense to me about them being a fam breaking up. EXO and Kris, not so much.


NICOLE


Yeah, no matter what people say about Kris being useless to the group he was still a human presence there. It’s going to mess things up for a bit until they figure it out. 


WIDNEY


I don’t believe they are a family at all. I believe SM thinks that they’ve put together a group, they’ve invested in them and they want their money back at all cost. You guys should read this article and will see what I mean http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/10/08/121008fa_fact_seabrook?currentPage=all


NANA


You can’t tell me that there weren’t some sort of close relationships there, despite how they were brought together. Clearly Kris and Tao had a close friendship. I have had this happen to me. I was friends with someone for years and one incident later, we haven’t talked for years. Doesn’t change what we WERE. 


WIDNEY


Because they grew to be friends between members doesn’t mean that SM considered them family. 


NANA


I mean within themselves, within the 12 members, there has to be pain because you don’t just forget the past few years and everything you’ve endured as a unit. So take family out of the equation and just call it being a human and having a large part of yourself removed. You have to work to fix the problem, if it can even be fixed, and you have to work around the missing piece, to make everything else function as steadily as possible. 


20140515_theoneshots_kris and fam


SALIMA


I was once on a bball team for two years with a couple people I hated even though we went through things. 12 people? Too many egos. If he felt so close to his “family” they would have been able to keep him there. When you love your team, just being with them should be enough to get through the tough stuff. I don’t think that bond was necessarily there


NANA


Yeah, but I think it was probably a little deeper than that. These guys basically spent almost all their days and nights together, whether as a whole, K, or M, that’s a little more than just a team. Even the people I went to college with for four years, I didn’t live with them, travel with them, sleep next to them, work with them. if I had done all that, I wouldn’t have had such an easy time drifting away from ALL of them. Literally, I don’t talk to anyone I went to school with. Kinda sad, but oh well.


WIDNEY


To add to Salima’s point. Some people don’t get attached to to others like that. You put 12 random dudes together, not everybody is thinking kumbaya and all that. Let’s not forget there is competition between these kids. Not all of them are going to be Siwon and be the baller of the team and not all of them will get to go on variety shows and all that depends on ass kissing and trying to shine more than the rest of your team. I think we as fans are Romanticizing K-pop way too much, and that’s mostly because K-pop forces us to. But I don’t believe the whole fam B.S. for one minute. If Seungri could he would back stab everyone in Big Bang go  his own way and make money. 


SALIMA


20140515_theoneshots_jay b solangeNo I still contend that it’s partly an act – an image thing. Look at the Beyonce/Jay Z/ Solange thing – right after that elevator fight they came out of that building and Bey was smiling like a damn Jack-o-Lantern. They HAVE to show that they’re getting along.


I think Kris was unhappy and everyone else was tired of his bad attitude.

Lol at how we all always use Seungri as an example lmao

NANA


1. I am not saying there aren’t problems.


2 Yes, every idol gets paid to act like life is hakuna matata….ha ku na MA TA TA

3 Maybe I am just a forever optimist and want to believe there was some genuine friendship and some happy moments in the mix. Until they speak, I refuse to believe it was completely lacking.

4. I believe it would be Daesung with a samurai sword.




NICOLE


Wait guys, someone had linked me to some fan fiction she wrote and it’s interesting how I can see this happening now. In her story thing (idk how you describe fan fiction) she wrote about how EXO broke up a year or two after the Overdose comeback (but she wrote this before Overdose so she called it some random song title) and they broke up because of Kris. I didn’t read it all just the first two pages but it was basically like Kris was unhappy and he ended up taking advice from some SM idol (idk someone from dbsk. idk names). So he decided to end his contract with SM but Suho was really angry b/c of all the time and energy he invest in making EXO a thing so he turned the rest of EXO against him.


Then I skimmed to the last few pages and Kris showed up at Suho’s wedding and apparently it was because they were in love this happened. Obv. not the real story for right meow. But the opening part I can def see happening.


THERESA


Kris confirming he’s staying with the company?????

Goddammit twitter, where’s the truth?!

https://twitter.com/Odi_Audrey/status/466958494705270784

NANA


WHAT IN THE FUCK IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?!

No comments:

Post a Comment