Monday, January 6, 2014

NU'EST Aron apologizes for his 'sexist' comments



On December 30's segment of Arirang's radio program 'Music Access', NU'EST Aron caught in a controversy with his sexist comments while chatting with Chocolat's Tia and Lori.

Aron spoke out his opinion that guys make better friends than girls in response to the Chocolat members' statement that they prefer guy friends. However, even though he defended beforehand that it was just his opinion which was not meant to be taken seriously, some netizens attacked him and labeled him as a sexist.

The controvery took a while until Aron posted his apology through his instagram account to clear himself. He wrote,

"just postin a random photo to clear some things out. first off, I apologize to anyone who was offended by my comment. I am in no way, shape, or form a sexist, and never will be. I love women, all the power to you. but there are quite a few people misinterpreting what I meant and taking my words out of context. take the time to listen to the recordings. if you did, you'd probably know I was joking and that I was talkin about FRIENDSHIP, not sexism. like I said, those words weren't meant to hurt anyone or target a specific group/gender, and I'm sincerely sorry if they did. so quit the fightin, stop bashin on each other, and live your lives. cuhs imma keep livin mine. life is too short to be fussin over little things like this. just some of my insight. hope y'all have a good night ! #nuest #aron #apology #sorry #donttakemywordsoutofcontext #notasexistandneverwillbe".

What is your take on this? Do you think he has a point?
Meanwhile, NU'EST had their exclusive and successful concert in Brazil.

Source: Aron's instagram
Written by KYUriShana@dkpopnews.net

No comments:

Post a Comment