Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Yang Hyun Suk Replies Regarding to Park Bom Smuggling Amphetamine 4 Years Ago


Recently, 2NE1′s Park Bom was caught and investigated of smuggling large amount of amphetamine into Korea by post 4 years ago. On 29th June, Yang Hyun Suk posted a blogpost on YG’s official site explaining the matter.


Below is Yang Hyun Suk’s post :

Hi everyone, I’m Yang Hyun Suk. I want to explain about the sudden misunderstanding last night. Why is it not an official statement from YG Entertainment, but from representative Yang? Explicitly speaking, the news that broke out is regarding a matter from 4 years ago. Back then, Park Bom’s family reached out to me and told me that their family was being investigated, they also told me the hardships Park Bom went through previously and shown me her medical history. Before all this came to light, non of YG’s staffs and 2NE1 members knew about it. Thus, in comparison to a official statement from YG Entertainment side who does not know the whole story, I think it’s more accurate if you were to hear the whole story from me.


As a producer, what do I think about the news? If you count in trainee days, I have known 2NE1 for 9 years. In these 9 years, the 2NE1 members I saw do not smoke and do not drink much… except for official schedules. In the past 9 years, they have never been to clubs by themselves. This is what I know… and I also never heard of any this kind of rumors.


The Park Bom I know suddenly becomes ‘Dope Smuggler’ in the news, I’m at a lost of words that I don’t even know where to start. Is there a need to explain if the news is nonsense to start with? Will it cause more damage if I explain? I had some worries. But for the sake of 2NE1 who’s having their world tour and fans of 2NE1… for the sake of Park Bom who’s like my real sister, who turned into a smuggler overnight, standing by her in silence is not the best way to protect her.


So what’s the truth? Like all fans already knew, before Park Bom debuted in 2NE1, she stayed a long time in America, her childhood dream is to become a soccer player. However unfortunately, she witnessed her good friend’s death during a match due to accident. Thus, she was traumatized at a young age. She received psychological and neurological treatments continuously in the years after. She has been taking medicines prescribed by a well known university hospital in US. Park Bom could no longer play soccer due to the accident and her dream changed to become a singer. She attended YG’s audition during her first trip back to Korea. I still recall that day like yesterday. Among so many people, the reason why I remember Park Bom is she said that if she does not get selected into YG, she would not be a singer. That year, she failed her audition, but she came again the second year, until the third year she came again and got 1st place among thousands of people. This left me with a strong impression.


The reason why I’m saying all this is because the Park Bom I know, no matter if it’s 11 years or 4 years ago, before her father told me, I did not know about her soccer history and her medical conditions. She didn’t even bring it up with 2NE1′s members. Thus you can see how much she wishes to hide and forget about that painful memory.


In the recent years, Park Bom has been taking the medicines prescribed by the US university hospital from 4 years ago. She could not return to US due to work reasons, thus she asked her mother and grandmother to get the medicines for her and mail it back by post. These medicines banned domestically and is under control of customs. Luckily, during the time of investigations, the US university hospital provided medical reports and prescription histories of Park Bom. The evidences were accepted and the issue was resolved.


Some people said the medicines contains drugs? Where in the world are their mothers and grandmothers who buy drugs for their daughters and granddaughters? Especially in today’s society, majority of medicines have to be prescribed by doctors, so how many people know the composition of the medicine?


Just like what I said on ‘Healing Camp’ a few years ago, due to panic disorder, I carry benzodiazepines around and take it daily. I was never curious about what’s the composition of the medicine, I would not know it even if I was told. Park Bom only knew that the medicines she took in US are not available in Korea, but did not know it’s banned in Korea. She already changed to a locally prescribed medicine after the investigation 4 years ago. I have not seen her for a long time due to their world tour. Last night, she came to recording studio after so long, but this kind of things happened. She cried for the whole night, once again she has to face going public with something that she does not want to reveal.


So sorry that we had everyone worried, I will stop right here. We will be bringing everyone good news in the near future. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment